To increase public understanding and appreciation of the Constitutional framework of Australia
CEFA wants to be known for:
- The Australian Constitution Centre in the High Court.
- The Governor-General’s Prize.
- Being at the forefront of the development of constitutional education programs and resources for Australian schools and students.
- Working collaboratively to enable all Australian students to access constitutional education programs and resources.
CEFA’s guiding principles:
- Commitment to increase understanding and appreciation of the Constitutional framework of Australia.
- Responsiveness to the needs of schools and students.
- Independence and integrity.
Key results and strategies
Key Result 1 – An outstanding Australian Constitution Centre in the High Court
- With the High Court, propose, agree and formalise a governance structure for, and the processes for collaborative ongoing management and collaborative further development of, the Centre.
- Settle CEFA processes for securing funding to sustain and further develop the Centre.
- Develop a sequential and staged program for the further development of the Centre, in consultation with the High Court. This will be used as the sole basis for managing funding stakeholder negotiations (including for any ‘prospectus’).
- When funding is known, implement (through appropriate project management processes), the further development of the Centre.
- In consultation with the High Court (and other stakeholders), develop and implement an external communications plan for the Centre, inclusive of any events.
- Develop a process for reporting on the expenditure of government funding on the Centre.
- Develop a framework for engagement and/or collaboration with other relevant Australian and overseas institutions (such as the National Archives of Australia, the Constitution Centre of Western Australia and the Constitution Center of the USA).
- Evaluate and assess students improved knowledge and understanding of the Constitution and our system of government.
Key Result 2 – A prestigious Governor-General’s Prize
- Develop and document recurrent processes for sustaining the Prize, inclusive of managing relationships with the Patron, settling questions, timely engagement with the High Court and managing events.
- Ensure effective promotion of the Governor-General’s Prize to potential applicants and the Australian community.
Key Result 3 – Quality constitutional education resources
- Review and document CEFA and stakeholder management processes for ensuring that online and other education resources remain relevant and subject to ongoing review in a timely manner.
- Develop a social media strategy.
Key Result 4 – Efficient, adequate and accountable fund raising
- Document CEFA processes and settle an appropriate prospectus.